- Kulmus- best to get one that is long white and fluffy....
- Dyo -
- Eli Gutnick recommends using the (kosher) rapidagraph ink which drys quickly
- Make sure they are Shomer Shabbos, and vadi are gedolim,
- if you can't be sure without embarrassing someone have them all just hold your hand. Zev M
- If someone not shomer shabbos wrote you may need to erase and rewrite,,,,,
- if the sofer wrote with tevila or at least tevilas Ezra and the owner wants this standard maintained then the person filling in/completing an os should do the same. Yerachmiel Askotzky
- Paper – harieni kosev leshem kedushas seefer torah – sample below
- with nikud
- Ask righty – lefty – advise write accordingly- if mixed (pmg posul to be a sofer) then offer to have him hold your hand.
- Say the word being written together
- Thick plastic to cover the rest of the ksav - tape to hold it down
- Fan- to dry the ink at the end - some use a hairdryer - see dyo above
- Do Backwards Hagba
- Plate for tips
- The tip plate is distasteful. If someone wants to give you something he'll put it in your hand. Yerachmiel Askotzky vyesh cholkim - hakol lfi hanyan
- Clamps to prevent the Atzei Chaim from spinning.
- business cards in a holder
- GET GOOD PICTURES
any suggestions appreciated!
Thanks to all contributors bksav and baal peh!